FURTHER PRICE REDUCTION – $115,000 ONO (
Note: THE TRAILER HAS BEEN SOLD SEPARATELY.
Kaley the bus needs a new family to love.
For almost 3 years from October 2015 to July 2018, Kaley* was the permanent home of Bel, Israel, Indrani and Rilien as we traversed Australia 1.5 times, covering 45,000km and all 8 States and Territories.
We love her, and she has been the ultimate joy to own, to drive, to live in, and travel Australia. Our favourite way to describe her is: “Our luxury beachhouse on wheels!”
Now it’s time for Kaley the Bus to be loved by a new family, for their own big Australian adventure.
Read on below for all of Kaley’s vital statistics, skills, delights, and why she’s the perfect companion.
NOTE: Kaley is currently located at our home, in Crescent Head NSW – about half way between Sydney and Brisbane. Contact Israel on the details at the bottom of the page for an inspection.
* Kaley is what we dubbed the bus on our Australian Tour, and for the rest of this website, for ease, we’ll refer to her as Kaley. But when she becomes yours, obviously feel free to re-name her something else!
Travelling Australia is the Best
Travelling Australia with your family is the absolute best. In our beautiful Kaley, our family made memories that will live with us for a lifetime. We saw the awesomeness of this country – the big name places, and the on-the-way-to-nowhere places too.
Some days we saw and learnt bucket loads, others we drove lots. Some days we worked, then other days we just did nothing. We found that schooling the kids was much easier than we thought it would be, and in 2019, they both returned to traditional school well ahead of the other kids in their year (our 12yo daughter got Dux of Year 7 and our 8yo son who was in Year 2, had the reading and literacy level of a Year 6 student, and Year 4 maths skills).
We loved, laughed, cried, shouted – but we did it together. We had the time of our lives. This trip has made the bond between us all so much stronger. We all learnt important life lessons of resilience, the importance of protecting this wonderous land, and how fortunate we are to have lived this life as a family.
Yep, we did the Big Lap! And we did it in style in our beloved Kaley. You should, too, and you absolutely can do it.
There is never a “good” time.
So many people we met would say “I wish we could do that” or “Gee you’re lucky” but, you know what? Everyone can do this – if you decide that spending time with your family, and seeing this great country, is worth it. And best of all, when you buy Kaley, she is ready to roll.
Cheap Living, Rich Experiences
Kaley is so well setup (solar, water, toilet, shower, washing machine, fridge/freezer) that as a family of 4, we free camped most of the East Coast of Australia with our weekly ‘rent’ being just $65! When we weren’t free camping, we chose to stay mostly at low cost showgrounds and the like, and since we didn’t need power (thankyou solar panels and batteries), the fees were cheap as chips.
On the West Coast, SA & NT, there are fewer opportunities to free camp by the coast, but the beauty of Kaley is that she has so much power onboard we rarely had to pay for a powered site. We even took Kaley on the Spirit of Tasmania and free camped or low cost camped there too. We saved loads on food by making most of it in the spacious kitchen in the bus or using the BBQ we stored under the bus.
Our Favourite Things About Kaley
There are so many things to love about Kaley but here’s a few of our faves:
- Being able to pull up to the camp after a few hours of driving and not have to set anything up (and watching everyone else struggling with their pop ups, camper trailers etc)
- Not having to stop for loo breaks on drives (every stop on a trip can easily turn into an extra 15 – 30 mins on the days travel time)
- The door on the master bedroom for a bit of mum and dad privacy (wink, wink…)
- The door between the lounge area and the kids bedroom area which means mum and dad can watch a movie without the kids
- The washing machine saving bucket loads of money (laundromats / camp laundry washers are about $4-6 per load!)
- The large chest freezer in the side bin allows you to buy meat in bulk, saving you dollars and time
- The much larger than normal pantry means you can buy loads of pantry items in bulk, saving you dollars and time
- Towing the car in the trailer so you can leave the big girl at the camp ground, and zip around to the sites and do shopping in the car. There were even times when we loaded a roof box on the car, packed up our camping equipment and camped at remote places where the bus simply could not go.
There is so much more to love about Kaley. Visit each page on the website to get the more technical details and to see loads of photos of this big, beautiful rig.
Be sure to check out some of our great photos of the places we visited under Our Travels, and find out the gritty details about Living Life On The Road.
Finally, it would be remiss of me not to mention that we built and nurtured a very successful business whilst travelling Australia, all from the brilliant technology of our phones. It is totally possible to travel Australia running a business – whilst schooling the kids – and come back with more money in your bank account then when you left. We did!